Oh my god, finals week is killing me. Technically, I take finals for two weeks because it would be cruel and unusual punishment to make law students take 4 hour finals every single day for one week. I come home exhausted every time I take a final and, let’s be honest, all I want is a drink. Here’s a perfect drink for Cinco de Mayo, or for any time after taking a four hour final.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- Throw some salt on a plate. Dip the rim of your glass in water and dip in the salt to create a salt rim
- Slightly bruise the cilantro to bring out the flavor
- Put the tequila, triple sec, sugar and cilantro in a margarita shaker
- Add in ice, top the shaker, and shake for about a minute until sugar is dissolved
- When ready, pour into the glass, and garnish with lime wedge and more cilantro
I have been entirely neglectful of my posting the past couple days, and I blame finals 100%. Law school exams are soul sucking to the point where I am a mere shell of a human being until Thursday afternoon, when all of this will be over! After an excruciating 3 hour Constitutional Law final, I am finally done for the day.
But I have some good news! A couple of weeks ago, I applied to Impunity Watch, a human rights law review run by my law school. Since I hope to practice human rights law one day, I was really hoping to get a spot as a Desk Reporter at the European desk. I am super pleased to say I have been offered a position as a Desk Reporter! I’ll find out what desk I am assigned to on Thursday afternoon.
If possible, I’ll try to post some of the articles I write on here, in addition to what is written on Impunity Watch. If not, I’ll just post links to the website. Who knows what kind of contract I’ll have to sign?
Two of my favorite things in the world are tea and whiskey. Especially since I just finished a horrendous four hour Criminal Law final, I might need a little bit of both to get me through the rest of the day.
Here’s a perfect recipe for those useless hours between “coffee” and “wine.”
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag (best with a black tea)
- 2 shots of whiskey (or more, if you feel like it. No judgment here!)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Boil some water. Pour it in a fancy pants mug.
- Throw in the tea bag to steep for as long as the tea needs. Usually around 3-5 minutes. Remove and discard.
- Put one shot of whiskey in the tea. Take the other one because you deserve it.
- Add milk and sugar to your pleasing.
- Stir, drink, forget your problems.
Dear Barbri Prep,
As finals approach, I wanted to write a quick note (as I procrastinate for finals) about the services you provide and how they have helped me throughout my first year in law school. While I am still prone to heart palpitations when the professor looks for a student to call upon, I am the basest level of prepared for any ridiculous question they might have due to those wonderful videos you have on your site. It brings me immense joy when I am able to adequately answer a question that some other
idiot student in the class was asked, but was unable to answer. The extra five minutes I save from reading your outlines and watching your videos allows me to have the mental breakdown I deserve. That being said, I understand that your company forsaking me in my time of need is a definite foreseeable risk. Please be aware of your duty of care to me, as breaching this duty of care in the next two weeks constitutes adequate provocation. All I want is an estoppel from failure, and a good night’s sleep.
Have the best day legally allowed,
PS- betraying the relationship of trust that we have makes you a fidouche. Remember that.
A haiku about law school:
Is there an end to
This hellish nightmare of school?
Only two more weeks.